The statement adopted by Drop of Grace Homeschool is limited primarily to Christian doctrine. For our purposes, a Christian is one who has heard the word of truth, Gospel (Colossians 1:5), as summarized in the statement below, and who has responded to that message in genuine repentance and faith. He confesses with his mouth and believes in his heart that Jesus is Lord, that He died for our sins, and that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9,100).
- We believe the Bible is God revealing Himself to us – His own inspired, inerrant, and infallible testimony of Christ, a perfect treasure of divine instruction for life. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe there is one and only one living and true God – infinitely holy, eternal, all-powerful,and all-knowing, revealed perfectly as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and thus deserving our highest love, reverence, and obedience. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe that man represents God’s crowning work of creation – made in His own image and given the freedom of choice, initially innocent of transgression yet falling as a race into a nature of sin from which freedom through forgiveness is only possible by god’s grace. (Genesis 1: 26; Romans 3:10-28)
- We believe man’s needed forgiveness is offered freely to all who personally receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His death and resurrection secured eternal redemption for each believer. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Christ. Salvation is the ultimate purpose of God, secured by election not inconsistent with man’s free will and setting all true believers into a love relationship with Him in Christ by which they are held firmly for eternity in a state of grace (John 3:16-19, 5:24, : 28-29; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to convict, teach, guide, and empower the believer to perform good works and live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one women who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a women.
- We believe that God wonderfully made foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together to reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all our beliefs. The Bible, as the infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior.